Of course I headed over to Hardee’s to try their Froot Loops Mini Donuts! As soon as I saw them on my social media, I knew I needed to go out and buy them.
They’re very visually appealing with the rainbow colors just like the original Kellogg’s Froot Loops cereal.
As soon as I got the donuts, I could smell the fruitiness. It smells exactly like the Froot Loops cereal. I actually ordered 3 of these because I didn’t want to share with my family. They were pretty cheap and for a one time chance to get these, I needed more than 1.
These are very colorful! Each box came with 5 mini donuts; 1 for each color that comes in the Froot Loops cereal (except orange): red, yellow, green, blue and purple. Almost the entire arc en ciel. Each doughnut is covered with light icing, matching the color of the doughnut.
When I arrived, the first thing I did was look for the price. No way these donuts would be cheap! Surprisingly, they were only $2.09 where I got them. Definitely worth the try even if you don’t care for Froot Loops cereal.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS & INGREDIENTS
I’m the curious type so thank the universe for the internet because most places have nutritional information of their products online. This was pulled straight from their website!
Overall, I’m absolutely impressed by how much these taste like the Froot Loops cereal. I even tried a bit of all the donuts together and it tastes just like a bowl of Froot Loops. They’re quite sweet and moist. Each donut also has a milky after taste to them.
- RED: It tastes like a tart strawberry, almost like a raspberry!
- YELLOW: This tastes like a mild lemon. It’s strong but more sweet than sour.
- GREEN: It tastes a lot like lime. Honestly, the flavor was so mild that it tasted similar to the yellow doughnut.
- BLUE: This tastes like a blueberry. Nothing more, nothing less!
- PURPLE: I wasn’t to sure how to describe this one. It tastes like a cross over between the red & blue doughnut. Ironic? Maybe. But can also be intentional given it’s color!
Would I buy it again? Maybe.
I did enjoy the donuts but I don’t know if I want to make the trip to get them. I had to travel quite far and since my family wasn’t too interested (not as much as me; I’m the doughnut lover), I got to eat some of the left over donuts they didn’t eat. I don’t really eat the Froot Loops cereal anymore either because I find it a bit too sweet. The doughnuts were a great treat and I think it makes a fun treat to try!